What I learned in February

(My niece's two cutie pies)

What I learned this month:


There is nothing like snuggling with a wee baby (or two!) to set your perspective of life back on track.  


Some days you have the camera to capture the moment but some days you need to leave it at home and just experience being in the moment.


Reaching out to someone is never a mistake.  A little bit of encouragement can go a long way.  

(Therefore encourage one another and built one another up just as you are doing.  I Thes. 5:11)





Some days you just need a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.  Period. 


Laughter truly is the best of medicines.  I have a Facebook friend who shares funnies like these on a regular basis.  I love her : )



     
Finally, today, February 27, 2015 is National shine a light on slavery day and I learned this: 

According to the US Dept. of Health and Human Services an estimated 199,000 incidents of sexual exploitation of minors occur each year in the UNITED STATES. That's one incident every 3 minutes.
Slavery is the 2nd largest global organized crime generating $150.2 billion per year. That's more than the COMBINED revenues of Amazon.com, Google and ebay every year.

Let's pray, let's educate, let's strive to end it!  




Linking up with chatting at the sky for what I learned in February.

Share:

15 comments

  1. That's so sad, the huge numbers of minors trapped in slavery. It's definitely something to be aware of and praying over.
    I love the cartoon you shared. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been a long time since I've had a PB&J. I think it's time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. PB & J on homemade bread is a must at least every 6 months. I can't do anymore than that or I'd start eating them every day, lol.
    Oh, Mindy, those babies! They certainly put a big smile on my face too - adorable!
    So does the cartoon - we need to be able to laugh at ourselves :)
    Those statistics are shocking. No matter how far women believe they have come, the abuse and slavery are unacceptable and desperately need to be addressed rather than swept under the carpet again and again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes to all your lessons. And then the slavery issue. So sad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just did an article on a conference that is addressing this very issue! I'm not sure where you live, but here in Ohio there is a task force that shares signs that someone is being trafficked. Just volunteering with youth are at risk of being trafficked makes a HUGE difference. Thanks for sharing your lessons with us! :) Here from Chatting a the Sky. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mindy, your niece's babies are so adorable, I agree peanut butter and jelly is good for the soul. Did not even know slavery existed among children in the U.S. that is so sad and unacceptable. Have a great week-end!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those babies!!! Oh my gosh ... I want to hold them. We got a new niece this month and I am dying to get from Alabama to Oklahoma to love on her!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, those statistics are shocking and incredibly sad! Yes, let's pray!

    Your nieces babies are ADORABLE! Oh my, what sweetness :) Hugs to you, dear Mindy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Slavery statistics are staggering. Our church is talking about the issue this Sunday. It's certainly a difficult subject but one that we need to get in the spotlight.

    Love, love, love the pictures of the babies!! So true that holding a little puts life in perspective. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I prefer PB and bacon... if you haven't tried it do it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the photo! Two little smileys! You and I love so many of the same things, Mindy. I always think we could share a nice pot of tea and conversation and feel like we've known each other for years. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Mindy! Those twins are ADORABLE! Look at those dimples!! I'm a sucker for dimples.
    I hope none of us will ever turn ourselves away from someone who needs us. I know it happens, but let's rebound right away! We are all God has in this world. Let's allow ourselves to be used!!
    Blessings,
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh! That first photo reminds me of when my twins were tiny!! {sigh}

    Rosemond
    www.bighairandbooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful lessons for us to cherish. Thanx.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  15. "Reaching out to someone is never a mistake. A little bit of encouragement can go a long way. "

    Amen!

    And so true about babies!

    ReplyDelete